Mayor’s Office is closed to the public. We are available by phone or email. Mayor is not accepting in-person appointments at this time.
The City of Cullman continues to provide services – police, fire, emergency medical, water and sewer service, electricity – all operations deemed appropriate. Closing down everything is simply not an option for local governments. Conditions are different in every city and every community. You are going to see variations in policies throughout the Nation, state, counties and cities. The number of cases and the rapidly evolving knowledge about this virus and how it behaves will drive future decisions.
Significant business restrictions are in place statewide and all public gatherings and events are prohibited. The city is heeding all CDC and expert advice in the COVID-19 battle and is limiting people to people contact everywhere possible. We are taking every reasonable precaution. Recommendations include: Social distancing – staying 6 feet apart; washing hands; disinfecting common areas; closing public areas; banning business travel; limiting travel to food, medicine, medical care and other critical needs;sheltering in place when possible; preventing exposure potential where possible; andusing common sense to protect yourselves are all encouraged.
Medical officials stress to call the Cullman Regional Medical Center’s hot line at 256-735-5530 if you have questions.
Mayor Woody Jacobs
Cullman Police Department
Cullman Fire Department
Fire Rescue Services : If you have an emergency, CALL 9-1-1. Services will not be affected, although stations and offices are closed to the public. At this time, we are not doing blood pressure checks or car seat installations. We do not have masks, gloves, or thermometers to distribute. We are available by phone and email.
- Building Permits: Call 256-775-7203 and we will gather information over the phone. When you arrive at our office, paperwork will be complete and you will pay and receive your permit placard. If you prefer, you can call once in the parking area and we will deliver your paperwork to your vehicle.
- City Clerk Office is closed to the public. We are available by phone or email. No yard sale permits are being issued at this time.
- Human Resources/Personnel: View job openings and/or apply for employment HERE. Paper applications and a drop box are located in the back hallway of City Hall. Place completed paper applications in the Drop Box provided. We are available by phone or email.
- Municipal Court – UPDATED APRIL 2, 2020: Pursuant to theSupreme Court of Alabama’s COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Response Administrative Order No. 5, passed on April 2, 2020, the following Cullman Municipal Court dates are hereby reset as follows:
- All court cases set April 29, 2020 are reset to May 27, 2020
- All court cases set April 30, 2020 are reset to May 28, 2020
- We encourage all defendants with only a minor traffic offense to contact the court office to handle their case over the phone prior to court.
- Defendants ordered to pay their balance in full by one of the cancelled court dates shall have an extension to the reset court date.
- Defendants unable to pay their balance must appear at the reset court date for a show case hearing.
- Incarcerated defendants shall receive court hearings via video conferencing without in-person contact.
- Defendants currently required to make monthly payments shall have until May 10, 2020, to submit their payment.
- Defendants remitting money to the court are encouraged, but not required, to send mail payments in the form of a check or money order.
- Museum : The Cullman County Museum is currently closed to the public, but we are available by phone or email.
- Parks & Recreation : We have closed the following facilities:Wellness & Aquatic Center , Gymnastics & Cheer Academy , Active Adult Center , all Heritage Park organized activities (baseball, softball, soccer, etc.), Indoor Archery Range , Central Office at City Hall, and Festhalle Farmers Market .Cross Creek Golf Course will remain open for individual play only, and all walking trails will remain open. We are available by phone and email.
- Planning Commission: The Cullman Planning Commission meeting scheduled for April 6, 2020, has been cancelled due to COVID-19 related restrictions for gatherings. All items on that agenda will be placed on the agenda for the May 4, 2020, meeting.
- Sanitation: We are currently running regular routes. Please bag your garbage, to lessen the risk of exposure to COVID-19. TheCity-Wide Cleanup is still on for the week of March 30, 2020. We are available by phone or email.
- Water & Wastewater services will not be affected by any office closings. We are available by phone or email.