Cullman Regional Update
*Data is current as of 3/26/2020 -- 3:17 PM CST
COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance
- Total cases: 54,453
- Total deaths: 737
- States reporting cases: 54 (50 states, including D.C., Puerto Rico, Guam and US Virgin Islands)
- Number of Cases in Alabama: 386
- Number of Cases in Cullman County: 4
COVID-19: Alabama at a Glance
- Take extra precautions & avoid large gatherings & prevent the spread of germs
As information is given to the Chamber, we will continue to update this page regularly to ensure that the public has the most up to date information.
We understand that many are concerned about the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and what it means if you were to get it. Most people who get the virus do not require hospitalization and can recover at home with symptomatic treatment. Symptoms include cough, fever and shortness of breath. If you feel sick but can manage at home, stay home to help prevent the spreading of germs to others.
If your symptoms become unmanageable, call ahead. You can contact your primary care provider, Cullman Regional Urgent Care or Emergency Department. If you are concerned and have questions about COVID-19 and what you should do, you can call Cullman Regional’s COVID-19 information Line at (256) 735-5530.
Cullman Regional is implementing REVISED Visitation Restrictions for patients effective immediately. Visitation restrictions include:
- All Visitors MUST sign in at the Main Lobby Desk inside the Main Hospital Entrance.
- Visitors with any respiratory illness will be given masks at the main entry desk.
- All access into the hospital from Professional Office Buildings 1 & 2 will be badge access ONLY beginning at 6 am on 3/17/2020.
- No visitors under the age of 16, even when an adult is with them. Cullman Regional will make exceptions for extraordinary circumstances which will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- No more than two visitors at a time per patient.
- No visits for patients with suspected or positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Visitation Hours will remain as 6 am until 8 pm.
- Visitors will be required to sanitize hands when entering the hospital and when entering and exiting any patient rooms.
- Anyone who has a fever, cough, body aches or sore throat should stay away from the facility unless they are seeking treatment.
COVID-19 Guidance for Employers
We understand that COVID-19 and the situational hurdles that it has brought have given employers hard decisions to make when it comes to their employees. Cullman Regional has complied a guidance sheet for employers when making decisions for their personnel in the workplace. Click here to see Cullman Regional's Guidance for Employers.